I remember it like it was yesterday. It was Thursday, May 4th and I was headed to work. Per usual, I was having one heck of a car concert. Then, John Legend’s Ordinary People started to play, and if you’ve been following my blog you know the rest. This song is credited with the start of Truth Tuesday. So, this year’s final edition of Truth Tuesday is dedicated to my top 5 truths of the year.
I initially started this blog as a way to talk about Anthony and I’s weekly date nights. It was pretty cool, but honestly I felt as if I was writing fluff pieces every week. I wanted yall to know that although I’m overall living a happy life, there are moments when things aren’t so great. To my surprise, yall really resonated with my truths. On Tuesdays, I usually get a text or an email saying I needed this or this has really helped me. There have also been times when people have text me about an issue and I send them a link to one of my Truth Tuesday posts. The love I get from yall on Tuesdays is pure magic my friends. So, without further ado here’s my Top 5.
If you haven’t read these blog posts or you want to be refreshed, click the links below.
- Before HutchStew We Were Just Ordinary People – Hey, Truth Tuesday wouldn’t be possible without the first edition. I love this post because I was so happy about writing something other than happy fluff, but also scared that people would think, “or so they be on the gram faking”. Instead, I got a ton of love and a lot of “we’re going through this now”. If you haven’t read this post, take a few minutes to read about Anthony and I struggling the first 2.5 years of our dating relationship.
- You, Me And Anxiety Makes Three – This makes the Top 5 because of the response from yall. Seriously, I didn’t know that many of you also struggled with anxiety. One of the most memorable responses I received was from a woman saying because of my post she was finally able to understand what her ex-boyfriend was going through while they were dating. I still struggle with anxiety, but it’s a lot better now. I’m no longer awaking in the middle of the night. I have moments, but currently they’re only moments and fade pretty quickly.
- Token – I love this one, because it’s a poem and that’s how I first started writing when I was younger. This post let me know that I “still got it”. I was dealing with something so I decided to take my pen and paper and write a poem about it. It quickly became one of my favorite poems. I read it last week, and I thought, “dang, girl you good”. If you ever feel like you’re someone’s token…SPEAK UP!
- Home Is Where The Heart Is – Yall I LOVE this post! I told the story of Hansel and Gretel leaving while pebbles to lead them back home. I told this story because it described when I first started dating Anthony. I was nervous so I cut a heart into 20 pieces and gave him a piece whenever he did something great OR when I felt scared and wanted to run. Just like Hansel and Gretel, I left a trail to lead me back home. In this case, my home is Anthony.
- 35 Reasons Why – This made the list because it was such an amazing and humbling experience. Writing letters to 35 people and letting them know how they inspire you is pretty powerful. Not to mention some of the letters included apologizes and other harsh truths. If you haven’t told the people in your life how you feel about them, then please do it!
On Tuesdays we tell truths! I absolutely LOVE sharing my truths with yall. It has really changed me this year, and it has made me a more open person. I look forward to sharing more in the coming year.
Until next time loves…
Thank you so much for sharing!
Thanks for reading ❤️
I love how open and honest you are!!
Thanks so much Lindsay ❤️
I remember some of these posts!! You’re such a great writer, Sheena. Your work always pulls me in. ☺
Awww thanks Katie! That means a lot.
This is such an inspiration!! I adore this and I am eager to read your previous posts!! Thanks so much for being so open and honest!
Thanks so much for reading ❤️
Great post! And of course you know I appreciate how open you are. I haven’t read all 5 posts you mentioned. So, I’ll have to go back and check out the posts I haven’t read. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your journey this year!
Thanks so much for your continued support ❤️
I love this! Kudos to you for not being afraid to share your authentic self. May your new year bring more truth Tuesdays that will inspire and break barriers.
Thanks for the encouraging words
I remember reading some of these posts. I LOVED the 35 reasons why. It was a selfless thing to do on a day that is a celebration for you. Cheers to more in the new year!
35 Reasons Why was definitely memorable. Thanks for reading!
Using your platform to be transparent is so awesome! I use mine for the same reason because I think it’s important to show people that you can have a happy life, and still go (grow) through things. None of us are exempt from the trials of life, but learning how to get through them, and knowing you aren’t the only one facing them is important!
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I couldn’t have said it better myself
I love that you are writing your truth. The end of the year is alwYs a good time to take stock.
I agree and thanks for reading
You’re such a great writer! Thanks for sharing your truths!
Awww thanks so much such an awesome compliment
35 reasons is one of my favs. I loved it. We all should do that.
It was such a great experience. Thanks for reading ❤️
Great Post and I remember reading those posts! It’s awesome that I can look back at some of these posts with you! My favorite was 35 Letters!!! Awesome Post
That seems to be everyone’s favorite ❤️
I’m new here, so I loved catching up and reading your journey. Keep it going!
Joyce I truly appreciate it
It’s always great to go back to see where it clicked for you. Even in sharing hard truths, you were able to get it, and in exchange have other people “get it” too!
Thanks for reading
Awesome! I love your photos. All the best in the new year – keep sharing your truth!
Thanks Eva, I appreciate you
I love this roundup. That last one 35 Letters to 35 people is pretty dope. I am going to give that a go. I have at least 10 people I want to write to express my gratitude.
That’s great! I hope it’s a good experience for you as it was for me.
Beautiful work, beautiful pics. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Thanks Stacie, you too!
I like Truth Tuesday, I like when people share. It is easy to share the great but it takes a bit more courage to share the unpretty stuff. Oddly enough that is usually where we connect with our readers.
This is so true! People definitely connect more with those type of stories.
The post and memories you chose were great for the year. I wish you much more success in 2018.
Thanks so much!!!