I remember it like it was yesterday. It was Thursday, May 4th and I was headed to work. Per usual, I was having one heck of a car concert. Then, John Legend’s Ordinary People started to play, and if you’ve been following my blog you know the rest. This song is credited with the start of Truth Tuesday. So, this year’s final edition of Truth Tuesday is dedicated to my top 5 truths of the year.
I initially started this blog as a way to talk about Anthony and I’s weekly date nights. It was pretty cool, but honestly I felt as if I was writing fluff pieces every week. I wanted yall to know that although I’m overall living a happy life, there are moments when things aren’t so great. To my surprise, yall really resonated with my truths. On Tuesdays, I usually get a text or an email saying I needed this or this has really helped me. There have also been times when people have text me about an issue and I send them a link to one of my Truth Tuesday posts. The love I get from yall on Tuesdays is pure magic my friends. So, without further ado here’s my Top 5.
If you haven’t read these blog posts or you want to be refreshed, click the links below.
- Before HutchStew We Were Just Ordinary People – Hey, Truth Tuesday wouldn’t be possible without the first edition. I love this post because I was so happy about writing something other than happy fluff, but also scared that people would think, “or so they be on the gram faking”. Instead, I got a ton of love and a lot of “we’re going through this now”. If you haven’t read this post, take a few minutes to read about Anthony and I struggling the first 2.5 years of our dating relationship.
- You, Me And Anxiety Makes Three – This makes the Top 5 because of the response from yall. Seriously, I didn’t know that many of you also struggled with anxiety. One of the most memorable responses I received was from a woman saying because of my post she was finally able to understand what her ex-boyfriend was going through while they were dating. I still struggle with anxiety, but it’s a lot better now. I’m no longer awaking in the middle of the night. I have moments, but currently they’re only moments and fade pretty quickly.
- Token – I love this one, because it’s a poem and that’s how I first started writing when I was younger. This post let me know that I “still got it”. I was dealing with something so I decided to take my pen and paper and write a poem about it. It quickly became one of my favorite poems. I read it last week, and I thought, “dang, girl you good”. If you ever feel like you’re someone’s token…SPEAK UP!
- Home Is Where The Heart Is – Yall I LOVE this post! I told the story of Hansel and Gretel leaving while pebbles to lead them back home. I told this story because it described when I first started dating Anthony. I was nervous so I cut a heart into 20 pieces and gave him a piece whenever he did something great OR when I felt scared and wanted to run. Just like Hansel and Gretel, I left a trail to lead me back home. In this case, my home is Anthony.
- 35 Reasons Why – This made the list because it was such an amazing and humbling experience. Writing letters to 35 people and letting them know how they inspire you is pretty powerful. Not to mention some of the letters included apologizes and other harsh truths. If you haven’t told the people in your life how you feel about them, then please do it!
On Tuesdays we tell truths! I absolutely LOVE sharing my truths with yall. It has really changed me this year, and it has made me a more open person. I look forward to sharing more in the coming year.
Until next time loves…